Generated Tens of Thousands of Trials and Increased Purchase Intent:
Constellation, a premium wine company, created their Black Box wine; a fine wine that’s a great value, convenient and environmentally friendly. Unlike a corked glass bottle that spoils after a few days after being opened, Black Box wine remains fresh for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to being opened- and it’s much cheaper than glass resulting in more quality wine for less.
Goal: Increase Reach and Awareness, Drive Trial
Black Box wine hopes to drive Agent trial of their product as well as drive adoption of it.
Campaign Strategy: Sample Experience, Target
BzzAgent targeted 1,988 Agents ranging from 30-45 years old with a HHI of $50,000+ living in select US markets and consume wine each week. They were sent a Bzzkit including:
- Mail-in rebates for Black Box wine
- Black Box branded items- including a display case and carafes
- A BzzGuide with product information and activities focused on Agent-hosted parties to drive high volume trial
Results: Reach, High-Volume Trial, Brand Perception
The campaign generated tens of thousands of trials through Agent-hosted parties that introduced the wine to friends in a personal social setting.
- Over 327,000 people via in-person and digital conversations
- Each Agent influenced 164 conversations (Well over the BzzAgent average)
- Over 1,500 Agents hosted parties with 12 guests on average
- Parties yielded over 19,000 trials of Black Box Wines
- Increase purchase intent for Black Box by 41 percentage points from pre to post- campaign
- 68% of participants indicated they were very likely to purchase the brand after the campaign ended