Social Marketing Generates 100,000 Purchases:
4 in 10 children suffer from seasonal and indoor allergies, and while many parents use medication to treat their children’s allergies, the medication relieves the symptoms but often leaves kids feeling jittery and drowsy. Claritin, a leading allergy medication, available over the counter, relieves allergy congestion and sinus pressure without drowsiness.
Goal: Increase Reach and Awareness
Claritin wanted to increase awareness of their pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy formulation.
Campaign Strategy: Target consumer, Sample Experience
BzzAgent targeted 14,500 moms in 33 markets with kids 12 years old and under for the campaign. 92% of the mothers use medication to treat their children’s allergies. Each of the moms received a BzzKit with one 10-count package of the product, eight $3-off coupons, a children’s book explaining allergies and a BzzGuide with product facts and tips for spreading the word.
Results: Reach, Increase Trial, Drove Sales and ROI
- Reached nearly 620,000 people with Agents influencing 42 communications
- 86% gave the product to their children
- Agents decreased their usage of the brand’s key competitor with 32% of competitive households switching to the brand
Drove Sales and ROI
- 68% of Agents purchased additional product
- 31% of conversation partners purchased
- Resulting in over 100,000 purchases