The winners of the 2012 Hypeworthies were announced today. After 75,000 social media votes and a review of sales and word of mouth data by a panel of rock star judges, winners of the 14 Hypeworthies categories were announced during a live online ceremony.
Winners included a cake flavored vodka, peanut butter flavored cereal, a candy that changes flavors as you eat it, and an Italian parmesan breadcrumbs mix. Now that’s a meal. Here’s all the winners:
- Alcohol – Pinnacle Vodka, Cake Flavor (Beam)
- Baby – Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash (The Clorox Company)
- Beverages – V8 V-Fusion, Strawberry Banana Smoothie (The Campbell Soup Company)
- Candy – Starburst Flavor Morph™ (Wrigley/Mars, Inc.)
- Coffee – International Delight Iced Coffee, Mocha (Dean Foods)
- Cooking – Kraft Fresh Take Cheese Breadcrumb Mix, Italian Parmesan Recipe (Kraft Foods)
- Cosmetics – Garnier Skin Renew, Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream (L’Oreal)
- Diet – Skinny Cow™ Dreamy Clusters (Nestle)
- Household – Tide Pods, Mystic Forest (P&G)
- Packaged Foods – Multi Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter (General Mills)
- Personal Care – Crest 3D White Vivid Toothpaste (P&G)
- Pets – Beneful Healthy Fiesta Dry Dog Food (Nestle/Purina)
- Snacks – Ritz Crackerfuls, (Kraft Foods/Nabisco)
If there was a big winner of the show, it had to be Tide Pods. This product connected with everyone. Judges loved it. It won the Household products category by a landslide. And consumers couldn’t stop raving about it. It received the most social media votes of any of the 78 products nominated, earning it the coveted “People’s Choice Award”.
The online ceremony featured keynotes from Lynn Dornblaser of Mintel and Peter Hoyt, the founder of the Path to Purchase Institute. Lynn shared the top 5 trends she in CPG products and Peter discussed the state of shopper marketing today. A variety of guests from all walks of supermarket life joined for the event to announce the winners. Check out the replay of the event in the player above.
Thanks to the judges, all you who voted, and everyone who helped make the first ever Hypeworthies such a great success.